Department of Electronics & Instrumentation (EIE)
B.Tech. degree course of four years duration in Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering (EIE) introduced by JNTU is an industry oriented course.
The present intake of students at SWEC in this branch of Engineering is 60.
* EIE branch of Engineering pertains to one of the most important functions in any industry. With the continuous advancements in the area Electronics, Communications, Information Technologies and Software, there has been considerable development in Instrumentation and Control Engineering. These advancements are being extensively used for plant automation, robotics, aircraft instrumentation, space crafts etc.
* The students of EIE branch study subjects on Electronics such as Electronic Devices & Circuits, Signals & Systems, Linear & Digital IC Applications, Switching Theory & Logic Design, Pulse & Digital Circuits, Digital Signal Processing, Digital Image Processing, Embedded & Real Time systems, VLSI Design etc. They also study subjects on computers such as C programming and Data Structures, Computer Organization, OOPS through JAVA etc. and Advanced Subjects on Instrumentation such as Digital and Optimal Control Systems, PC Based Instrumentation, Bio medical Instrumentation, Computer Aided Design of Control Systems, Robotics and Automation, Microcontrollers and Application, Opto- Electronic and Laser Instrumentation etc.
Year of Establishment :
Sridevi Engineering college is established in the year 2001 and sponsored by Sridevi Educational society. The Department of Electronics and Instrumentation was established in the year 2006 with an intake of 60 students. The first batch of students left with flying colors and made their own mark in the corporate world.
Head of the Department :
Mr. K.TULASI RAM is a young and dynamic leader and is instrumental in inculcating discipline and churning qualified professionals in instrumentation field. He holds an M.Tech in digital systems and computer electronics from JNTU and has been serving in various reputed engineering colleges for last 8 years. His area of interest is plc programming and applications and has presented papers in various conferences at national level. He is very dedicated and determined and aims for distinction in every activity.
Resources available :
This department has well equipped laboratories and logical reasoning is stressed in all practical applications.
.The Department has the following laboratories
This lab mainly deals with different sensors, transducers, ac and dc bridges and also the various types of meters primarily used for industrial applications.
Process Control Lab:
This lab includes the real time measurement of various process parameters and also automatic control of process parameters like temperature, pressure, flow etc.
Industrial Instrumentation Lab
Experiments are mainly on measurement of industrial parameters like level, acceleration, pressure flow, torque, vibration etc.
Analytical Instrumentation Lab
This lab includes the experiments based on modern day medical applications and also includes analysis of chemical compositions by different analytical instruments like gas chromatograph, UV spectrophotometer etc.
EIE branch students have also attended practicals at
1. Electronic Devices & Circuits Lab
2. Electrical Machines & Networks Lab
3. IC & PDC Lab
4. Computer Programming Lab
5. Engineering Workshop
6. English Language Communication Lab
- The department also has a technical association which carries out different activities to motivate and improve the skills of students, like technical paper presentation, guest lectures by eminent professors and executives, technical quiz, industrial visits etc.
- 2006-2010 Batch students visited shantha biotech to see the analytical instrumentation equipment on 8th Oct 2009.
- The department also conducted workshop on PLC Programming and applications on 6&7 march 2009.
- The department also carries out Miniproject exhibition by 2nd & 3rd year students in order to provide practical exposure.
LATEST RESULTS :
II - I Toppers
Name of the Student
III - I Toppers
IV - I Toppers