Entrepreneurship Development Cell :
EDC strives to inspire and generate a culture of innovation and a condusive entrepreneurial ecosystem amongst which will help students and budding entrepreneurs realize their dream to start and own an enterprise of their own. It also attempts to train and equip them with the knowledge and resources they might need to build successful startups.
EDC has been spearheading entrepreneurship movement with a belief that entrepreneurs need not necessarily be born, but can be developed through well-conceived and well-directed activities.
Objectives of EDC :
- To act as a mechanism for providing various services including information to budding student entrepreneurs.
- To create Entrepreneurial culture in the college to promote the objectives of NSTEDB, including programmes related to women.
- To foster better linkages between the students, Industries and R&D institutions in the region.
- To promote development of Science and technology based Enterprises and promote employment opportunities.
- To respond effectively to the emerging challenges and opportunities both at national and international level relating to SMEs and Micro Enterprises.
Functions of EDC:
- To organize Entrepreneurship Awareness Camps, Entrepreneurship Development Programmes and Faculty Development Programmes for the benefit of persons.
- To conduct research work and survey for identifying entrepreneurial opportunities (particularly in Science and Technology areas and Service sector).
- To guide and assist prospective entrepreneurs on various aspects such as preparing project reports, obtaining project approvals, loans and facilities from agencies of support systems and information on various technologies.
- To organize guest lectures for promotion and growth of Science and Technology based entrepreneurship.
- To arrange visits to industries for prospective entrepreneurs.
- To extend necessary guidance and escort services to the trainees in obtaining approval and execution of their projects.
- To act as an Information Centre on business opportunities, processes, technologies, market, etc. by creating and maintaining relevant databases.
- To provide testing, calibration, quality assurance, design, tool room, pilot plant and other facilities for Entrepreneurs besides expertise in Intellectual Property rights, Patents search, etc.
- To render advice to sick enterprises and assist the entrepreneurs in rehabilitating them.
- To conduct skill development training programmes leading to self/wage employment.
SWEC has signed MOU WITH ALEAP ( Association of Lady Entrepreneurs of Andhra Pradesh )
SEMINARS/ WORKSHOPS ORGANISED
||Guest lecture on Entrereneurship awareness
Speaker : Prof. A.V.Narasimha Rao, CBIT
|Feb 17, 2010
||Workshop on “Today’s youth tomorrow entrepreneurs “
||Feb 18, 2010
||Women’s day celebrations
||March 23-24, 2010
||Lecture by Dr.Kalpana Murthy ,Women’s day celebrations
||March 8, 2011
||Workshop on Entrepreneur awareness camp
||Guest lecture by Prof. Dr. Sasthri, IIM ,Bangalore
||Jan 25, 2012
||Entrepreneurship workshop, NSIC, Hyderabad
||Feb 18, 2010
||Indian Fifth Environmental Congress, Kerela