To create the most encouraging environment for quality academic oriented undergraduate technical education in CSE and to build intellectually and technically oriented female professional in the domain of science, engineering and technology with committed technical skills & knowledge for women empowerment.
To achieve greater prominence by providing outstanding technical education, intellectual and technical training to our students with the lifelong learning of analytical & designing skills for their productive careers in industry and academics. The department strives for excellence in teaching and service covering the fundamental as well as the real-time applied aspects of CSE, while making the student psychologically strong and emotionally balanced with social consciousness and ethical values.
The Department of Computer Science and Engineering was founded in 2001 and is growing its strength and facilities every year. The Department offers a four-year course of Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science and Engineering with an intake of 240. The Department has highly qualified, well experienced & dedicated faculty. The Department is known for its faculty having expertise in diverse fields. The department has seven (7) well equipped computer labs with six hundred (600) computers.
The Department imparts world class training and research. The Department provides state of the art computing facilities to the students. It also promotes active industry-institute collaboration by identifying areas of interest and taking part in sponsored research projects and consultancy services. The Department regularly organizes a series of lectures by academicians and professionals of the highest repute, which lay stress on the latest innovative technologies in the field of Computer Science and Engineering.
The Department provides world-class training and research opportunities. The Department provides state of the art computing facilities to the students. It also promotes active industry-institute collaboration by identifying areas of interest and taking part in sponsored research projects and consultancy services. The Department regularly organizes a series of lectures by academicians and professionals of the highest repute, which lay stress on the latest innovative technologies in the field of Computer Science and Engineering.
The Department prides itself on providing good career opportunities for students. Their sincere efforts and diversity of knowledge in the fast pace of technology have spawned a plethora of exciting jobs. Because of improved infrastructure & facilities in the Department and praiseworthy performance of our passed out students in the industrial organizations, many companies of repute show their interest to visit our Institute for campus recruitment.
In the academic year 2016-2017, 118 students have been placed in different companies.
For more details Please visit our TPD->Recruitment page
Future of CSE Department
The Department has a major role to play in providing academic excellence in computer science and information technology. The Department has great potential for expansion in the upcoming years.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO's)
- To offer the students with sufficient understanding of the field of Computer Science & Engineering emphasizing computer fundamentals, basic engineering scientific principles, analyzing techniques and design methodologies so as to prepare the students to excel their skills in related postgraduate programs and to be successfully employed in the software industry.
- To provide students with a concrete foundation in computer science and engineering, applied mathematics, applied physical sciences, basic engineering and communication skills to succeed in more advanced computer science and engineering in coursework, where students will apply them to solve real-world and complex problems, there by developing analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- To strengthen students psychologically and emotionally, with social consciousness & ethical values.
- To expand the professional skills of the students and prepare them to face and overcome the constraints in their professional accomplishments.
- To provide students with an excellent academic environment that emphasizes depth, originality and critical thinking to enable them to grow into highly technical or managerial roles to foster lifelong learning needed for a successful professional and high-quality research aptitude.
Programme Outcomes (PO's)
An ability to apply the knowledge of mathematics, computing, science, and engineering to solve computer science engineering problems.
- An ability to design and conduct engineering experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data.
- An ability to design and construct a hardware and software system, component, or process to meet desired needs, within realistic constraints.
- An ability to identify, formulate and solve engineering problems.
- The use of current application software; the design and use of operating systems; and the analysis, design, testing, and documentation of computer programs for the use of information engineering technologies.
- The basic knowledge of electronics, electrical components, computer architecture and applications of microcomputer systems, communications needed in data transport.
- The design techniques, analysis and the building, testing, operation and maintenance of networks, databases, security and computer systems (both hardware and software).
- The use of statistics and probability, discrete mathematics, in support of the analysis, design, and application of information engineering technologies.
- Project management techniques and teamwork necessary for successful information engineering technologies, system designs and implementations, and the effective use of communication skills to prepare technical reports, and presentations.