To Educate and prepare women to contribute as engineers and citizens through integration, application and transfer of engineering knowledge. To produce highly motivated and technically competent women Engineers/Researchers in the field of Electrical and Electronics Engineering with best of moral and cultural values and integrity by providing Industry Institution Interaction to develop Hardware and software products required for Industry through consultancy and also help Industry to solve their problems by undertaking R & D projects.
To create an intellectual environment to train and empower our women engineers with global skills and competent technical knowledge in the field of Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
Electrical Engineering is one of the oldest branches from time immemorial. It is one of the fundamental branches of science and technology on which all other modern branches of engineering have evolved from. Electrical and Electronics engineers work in a variety of fields including power sector, machine design, renewable energy sector, biomedical engineering, aerospace industry, communications industry and information technology. The department of Electrical and Electronics engineering was started in 2001 with an intake of 60 students. The department has well established laboratories. The department has well qualified and dedicated faculty. The students of the department are regularly exposed to the latest trends in the field of electrical and electronics engineering through regular industrial visits, guest lectures and workshops etc.
- 17 well experienced and highly qualified teaching Faculty and 3 Non-teaching staff.
- Good infrastructure with class rooms, seminar hall, staff room, department library, centralized internet center and R & D Cell.
- We conduct laboratories in Electrical Machines, Networks, Measurements, Control Systems, Power Electronics, and Power Converters.
- Department has got computational facility with ten systems and also MATLAB, MULTISIM licensed software.
- The students are placed in top MNCs like IBM, Tech Mahindra, Infosys, Wipro, Microsoft, Oracle, HSBC, HCL, Syntel etc.
- We encourage students and staff to present and publish the papers, research articles in reputed international / national conferences and journals.
- Students of EEE actively participate and achieve remarkable appreciations & prizes in co-curricular activities like Paper Presentations, Project Expos, National Level Symposiums, Internship Programs, Sports and other cultural activities in various engineering colleges.
- Students participate in Social Activities like NCC (National Cadet Corp) Village Campaigns, Blood Donation Camps and Environmental Awareness Programs.
Programme Educational objectives (PEO's)
- PEO- I :To provide a good foundation in mathematics, sciences and engineering fundamentals required to solve engineering problems that will facilitate them to find employment in industry and / or to pursue postgraduate studies with an appreciation for lifelong learning.
- PEO- II : To provide analytical and problem solving skills to design hardware and inculcate professional ethics, inter-personal skills to work in a multi-cultural team.
- PEO- III : To expose the state of the art software / hardware tools, imbibing creativity and innovation that would enable them to develop cutting-edge technologies of multi-disciplinary nature for societal development.
- PEO- IV : To provide facilities to work on research problems leading to solutions to problems of the industry and improving student's knowledge in areas beyond syllabus.
- PEO- V:To train the students to acquire knowledge in current and future technologies in advanced power electronics, Industrial drives and power systems.
Programme Outcomes (PO's)
- Ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering.
- Ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data.
- bility to design a system, component, or a process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability.
- Ability to function on multi-disciplinary teams.
- Ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems.
- Ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
Program Specific Program Outcome
Ability to apply technical skills and modern engineering tools, to develop new products useful to the industry and the society.
Ability to apply the knowledge in the domain of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, to demonstrate their proficiency through experimentation, modeling and realization.