To create efficient IT professionals by providing quality education using innovative and practical teaching methodology.
To create industry ready IT professionals with sound knowledge and soft skills required to excel and succeed at work.
The Department of IT is headed by M.KAVITHA, Under her leadership, the Department is strengthened by 13 well experienced and highly qualified Teaching Faculty and two Non-teaching staff.
During these 16 years of college history, the students of Information Technology have performed well in their academics by securing good percentage and owning University Top Ranks with Gold Medals. As of today, nearly 80 students (2016-17) of IT with distinction are placed in Top MNCs like IBM, Tech Mahindra, Infosys, Microsoft, Oracle, HSBC, HCL, Syntel etc.
The college encourages students and staff to present and publish papers, research articles in reputed International / National conferences and Journals. Apart from this, the students of Information Technology actively participate and achieve remarkable awards and accolades in co-curricular activities like Paper Presentations, Project Expos, and National Level Symposiums, Internship Programs, Sports and other cultural activities in various engineering colleges. The students are also socially responsible and participate in Social Activities like NCC (National Cadet Corp) Village Campaigns, Blood Donation Camps and Environmental Awareness Programs.
- Information Technology is one of the emerging branches in the engineering education and is a fast growing discipline with rigorous practical analysis and immense job opportunities.
- Qualified and experienced faculty
- Exposure to practical issues in technology through seminars and projects
- Hands on experience in coding and solving problems.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO's)
- PEO-I: To enable students to acquire English, Mathematical, Scientific and Engineering skills required for life-long learning and professional development.
- PEO-II: To train students to meet the industrial needs and give the knowledge to design and develop the software and create solutions to use in real-time applications.
- PEO-III: To instil students with confidence and train them on soft skills and enhance their ability to understand the social, ethical, cultural and global responsibilities while pursuing their professional career and/or become successful entrepreneurs.
- PEO-IV: To make scholarly contributions in acquiring self-learning skills and to enhance technical knowledge by publishing technical papers, reports, applying for patents, conference presentations and conducting industry oriented projects using advanced tools to improve their complex problem-solving abilities.
- PEO-V: To prepare students to work in multidisciplinary teams on societal concern problems and engage them in continuous learning to groom in advanced life skills which helps to solve global issues or problems.
Program Outcomes (POs): The program gives the students the ability to
Apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering.
- Design and conduct experiments, as well as analyze and interpret data.
- Design a system component or process to meet desired needs.
- Function on multi-disciplinary teams.
- Identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems.
- Understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context.
- Speak of contemporary issues.
- Apply mathematical foundations, algorithmic principles, computer science theory in the modelling design of computer-based systems.
- Apply design and development principles in the construction of software systems of varying complexity.