To establish a centre for academic excellence in ECE, with professional competence and technical skills essential for professional success.
The Mission of ECE department is to impart high quality of technical education and research with excellent infrastructure and well qualified faculty to enable students meet the challenges of the industry at global level.
To enhance global competence, creativity, cognitive development, sharing and applying knowledge about electronics and information technologies through R&D.
About Department :
The Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering was started in 2001 with an intake of 60 students. Now, the department has grown and has a total strength of 720 students under UG. The Department of ECE is headed by Dr.V.R.S RAJESH, Ph.D. in Biomedical Signal Processing and M.Tech in VLSI Designwith15 years of teaching and research experience.
Under his leadership the Department is strengthened by well experienced and highly qualified teaching faculty and non-teaching staff. The Department has good infrastructure with spacious class rooms, seminar hall, staff room, HOD chamber, Dept. library, centralized internet center and R & D center.
The department has180 highly configured Systems, which are fully loaded with all required software (MATLAB, MASAM, XILINX, MODELSIM and other Software's) .We, provide 10 Mbps high speed Internet facility to all the students and staff round the clock. The Department is established with all resources to conduct practical including VLSI Simulation, Embedded System, EDC, PDC, IC, ADICA, AC, DC, MWE, MPI and MPMC.
The department Library contains 201 books. During these 16 years of College history the students of ECE have performed well in their Academics by securing good pass percentage and owning University Top Ranks. As of today many students of ECE Department are placed in Top MNCs like IBM,Tech Mahindra, Infosys, Wipro, Microsoft, Oracle, HSBC,HCL, Syntel and so on.
Department encourages students and staff to present and publish the papers, research articles in reputed International / National conferences and journals.
The students of ECE Department actively participate through department association ELECTRO SPARKZ in achieving remarkable appreciations & prizes in co-curricular activities like Paper Presentations, Project Expos, National Level Symposiums, Internship Programs, Sports and other cultural activities in numerous engineering colleges. They also participate in social activities like NCC (National Cadet Corp) Village Campaigns, Blood Donation Camps and Environmental Awareness Programs.
DEPARTMENT STRENGTHES :
• Well qualified and experienced faculty.
DEPARTMENT OBJECTIVES :
• Well-equipped labs with advanced software's
• Good academic achievements.
• Excellent placements and alumni activities.
• Encourage faculty and students to participate outside activities like conferences workshops, seminars etc.,
• To shape up a successful professional career.
• To prepare for the expansion of primary prerequisites.
• To inculcate lifelong learning and supporting the students in the R &D.
• To develop professional attributes and world class employability.
• To mould & prepare the students to succeed in a professional excellence
Programme Educational objectives (PEO's):
The Program Educational Objectives (PEOs) are defined and developed for each program with the consultation and involvement of various stakeholders such as management, students, industry, regulating authorities, alumni, faculty, and parents. Their interests, social relevance and contributions are taken in to account in defining and developing the PEOs.
The Program Educational Objectives (PEOs) of the Electronics and Communication Engineering Department are listed below:
I. Prepare & impart students with knowledge and competence essential to excel in their career using state-of-the-art of technology in Electronics & Communication Engineering.
II. To develop technical competency among students to analyze, design, experiment, simulate and evaluate system performance in Electronics & Communications Engineering.
III. To train students with sufficient breadth in engineering for immediate professional practice as well as advanced graduate study, propagate lifelong learning in different related fields and enable them to solve general engineering problems.
IV. To develop students with good technical standards and professional attributes who can communicate effectively and discharge responsibility effectively and efficiently.
V. To teach students the principles of team work & collaboration that are critical to professional success.
a. Apply knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals and engineering activities, with an understanding of the limitations.
b. Conduct investigations of complex problems including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of information to provide valid conclusions.
c. Design solutions for complex Electronics and Communication Engineering problems and design systems, components or processes that meet specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety, cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
d. Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams and in multidisciplinary settings.
e. Identify, formulate, research literature and solve complex Electronics and Communication with effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive Engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics and engineering sciences.
f. Understand and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of engineering practice.
g. Understand the impact of engineering solutions in a societal context and demonstrate knowledge.
h. Create, select and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering tools to resolve engineering problems.
COURSES OFFERED & INTAKE :
Courses Offered : B-Tech (E C E)
Intake : 240
HOD PROFILE :
Dr. Rajesh Kumar V R S is the Professor and HOD of ECE department, Sridevi Women's Engineering College, V.N.Pally, Hyderabad. He is an ardent learner and researcher. He has wide experience as a consultant for engineering colleges both in research and product development.
Research Interests & Experience :
• Strong inclination towards research in Internet of Things (IoT), Data Science, Cloud Computing, 4G - Long Term Evolution (LTE), Wireless Sensor Networks, Electronic Instrument Design, BioMEMS, BioNEMS, Nanocomputers and Bionanotechnology.
Research Publications :
• 15 years of Research experience in various product developments both in software and electronics.
• Published 4 International Journals
Projects Handled :
• 15 International conference proceedings.
• Guided numerous projects in electronics, communication and instrumentation engineering.
Technical Skills :
• Hardware Tools : FPGA, Microcontrollers, Microprocessors, DSP.
• EDA Tools : Nano tools from www.nanohub.org, QCAD Designer, Intellisuite, MEMSPRO, Xilinx, Modelsim, Keil, Ride, PSPICE.
• Languages : C, C++, Java, Python, C#.
• Ph.D. in Biomedical Signal Processing, Anna University Chennai, 2016.
Honors, Awards and Special Recognition :
• M.Tech. in VLSI Design, Sathyabama University, Chennai, 2008.
• B.E. in Electronics and Communication Engineering, Government College of Engineering, 2001.
• Honored as Best Proactive Partner by IIT PALS – Pan IIT Alumni Series, IIT Madras Section.
Special Interests and Activities :
• Holder of Dale Carnegie Certification on "High Impact Teaching Skills", a program conducted by Wipro Technologies, Bangalore.
• Motivating students to take up Research and Product Development in core engineering areas.
RECENT EVENTS - Click here to view recent events in ECE Department
• Training students for GATE and Core engineering jobs.
• Guiding young minds to become entrepreneurs.
• Life time member of Indian Society for Technical Education (IETE), Internet Society &The Society of Digital Information and Wireless Communications (SDIWC).
• Member of IIT – PALS.